Zorflex ACC Wound Dressings
Zorflex® is a triple action Activated Carbon Cloth (ACC) wound dressing that combats microbes and odor, and helps accelerate wound healing. Comes in 4 sizes.
4x8 (pack of 10)($137.90)
6x10 (pack of 10)($229.60)
Zorflex® wound dressing is an Activated Carbon Cloth (ACC) that uses a triple action to combat microbes and odor, and helps accelerate wound healing. It comes in four sizes.
- Antimicrobial action uses electrostatic forces to draw, trap and destroy microbes and adsorb endotoxins.
- Conductivity restores the body’s natural transepithelial potential, aiding healing.
- Odor management by adsorbing odor molecules and combating odor-causing microbes.
Antimicrobial dressings play an important role in reducing wound bioburden by killing bacteria. Some of the most common examples use silver, honey or iodine as antiseptic agents, while others contain polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB).
In contrast with conventional antimicrobial dressings, Zorflex…
• Is carbon derived from a natural source
• Is naturally antimicrobial and contains no antiseptic agents
• Works by aDsorbing bacteria and other pathogens onto dressing surface
• Exhibits NO donation of chemical agents OR fibers to wound bed
• Exhibits NO systemic absorption
• Kills microorganisms at dressing surface which are then removed with each dressing change
• Is non-cytotoxic / completely safe to use
1) Naturally Antimicrobial 2) Conductive* 3) Odor Management
aDsorption vs aBsorption
ADsorption is key to the way that Zorflex works as a naturally antimicrobial dressing. Electrostatic forces called van der Waals forces on the Zorflex surface attract microbes on to the surface, trapping and killing them there. This process effectively “cleans” the wound bed, creating favorable conditions for healing.
* Because carbon is a naturally conductive material, the dressing restores the electrical field over the wound bed and reconnects the edges of the wound as it completes the electrical circuit.
Zorflex® Wound Dressing is one of the most advanced and cost effective wound management products in today’s healthcare market. Zorflex Wound Dressing is a unique carbon wound dressing which promotes accelerated wound healing by incorporating a layer activated carbon cloth to provide rapid wound cleansing and infection control without the need for antibiotics. As a sterile flexible dressing it conforms easily to the body, and may be applied directly to an open wound with no tissue incompatibility.
Zorflex Wound Dressing can be used on a variety of wound types as a primary wound dressing for all infected and discharging venous and arterial ulcers, pressure sores, biopsy sites, exuding dermatoses, fistulae and minor burns.
As a second dressing Zorflex Wound Dressing can be used for the control of malodour commonly associated with fungating carcinomas and gangrene.
Without the need to be used in conjunction with other products, trials have shown that Zorflex Wound Dressing can promote more rapid, stress free wound healing, and save on nursing time – therefore allowing significant cost savings.
The wound facing material can be placed directly on the wound and due to it’s low adherent properties allow removal without trauma, reducing destruction of newly formed tissue.
The layer of Zorflex activated carbon cloth effectively adsorbs odours and will retain bacteria brought into the dressing by exudate.
The whole dressing will adsorb it’s own weight in exudate. Using Zorflex means one product will effectively promote healing due to its ability to:
- Reduce infection.
- Adsorb exudate.
- Eliminate odour.
- Reduce dressing changes.
- Minimize patient stress.
Zorflex is indicated as an antimicrobial dressing over dry or discharging partial and full thickness wounds such as: cavities and fistulas, trauma, surgical sites, fungating carcinomas, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, donor, and recipient graft sites.
Precautions: Use sterile water to cleanse, irrigate or moisten the wound. The use of oil based products, topical ointments, or saline will reduce the effectiveness of Zorflex.
Instructions for use:
• Cleanse the wound with sterile water.
• Zorflex will tear easily. To avoid fraying cut the dressing to shape, covering the periwound if masceration is evident.
• Without stretching the dressing, apply Zorflex either way up to the wound surface.
• The dressing should be applied with the direction of stretch running along the limb to allow movement.
• Secure the Zorflex dressing in place using an appropriate secondary dressing or compression therapy. Alternatively secure with a dressing retention sheet, tape or bandage. In the case of highly exuding wounds an absorbent secondary dressing is appropriate. Zorflex allows transfer of the exudate into the secondary dressing which should be replaced as necessary without disturbing the Zorflex or the wound bed.
• Should the dressing dry or adhere to the wound, moisten or soak the dressing with sterile water to assist removal and avoid disruption of the healing wound.
• Zorflex can be left on the wound for up to 7 days, or as clinically indicated. Any threads or fibers which detach from the dressing can be easily seen and removed. • Device should only be used as specified.
• Device should be used under relevant supervision by healthcare professionals.
Store in a dry place (>5 <30°C/>41 <86°F). Avoid exposure to temperatures above 50°C/122°F.Gamma irradiation sterilized. Do not use if pack is open or damaged.For single use only.
Zorflex Wound Dressing dressings are sterilized at NLT 2.5 Mrad (NLT 25KGy) using Cobalt 60 Gamma Irradiation, in accordance with world-wide recommendations for sterilization of single use medical devices.
Each Zorflex Wound Dressing is pouched individually in high quality printed or plain paper/clear plastic peelable pouches. They can be supplied in boxes of 10 or bulk packed.