Charcoal Green® PURE BIOCHAR COARSE - PINE
Charcoal Green® PURE BIOCHAR (coarse: ¼” - 1”) - made from pine. Charcoal Green® PURE BIOCHAR improves soil drainage, reduces soil compaction, increases nutrient cycling, gives greater retention of water in dry soils, improves germination, improves plant resistance to fungal disease, root feeding nematodes and insect infestations.
For Application Rates, Click On Technical Data
Charcoal Green® PURE BIOCHAR COARSE- 1 gallon jar- Sold by Volume Not Weight($12.50 )
Charcoal Green® PURE BIOCHAR COARSE- 1 Cubic Foot Sack - Sold by Volume, Not Weight($37.50 )
Charcoal Green® Pure Biochar COARSE with no additives of any kind.
Charcoal Green® Pure Biochar is made from Colorado Pines. Virtually all volatiles have been cooked off leaving a very pure biochar with high adsorption qualities.
Charcoal Green® Pure Biochar helps bind organic toxins (such as herbicides) from soil to provide a safer environment for new or existing root systems much like Amazonian terra preta soils.
As a soil supplement it provides the following plant health benefits:
******Improved Soil Drainage
******More Neutral pH
******Reduced Soil Compaction
******Increased Nutrient Cycling
******Greater Retention of Water In Dry Soils
******Improved Plant Resistance To Fungal Disease, Root Feeding Nematodes and Insect Infestations
Great for organic gardeners who want to restore soil damaged by chemical treatments.
Perfect size for ORCHID medium
DIMENSIONS: ¼” - 1” (Very little dust)
High Activity Levels.
MULTIPLE SACKS/PALLET ORDERS or SUPER SACKS - please contact us for PRICE BREAKS & SHIPPING COSTS (308-665-1566)
PURE BIOCHAR Application Information
Because the whole study of Biochar and its application as a soil amendment (agrichar) is still relatively new, there is no consensus on what the optimum amounts of biochar should be used with each crop. What is known is that, while you can add too little to see noticeable benefits, it is hard to conceive of adding too much. Rather it seems the more one adds the healthier the soil becomes - not necessarily in the short term but definitely over the long term. With that in mind the rates given below are considered amounts that produce noticeable returns as seen in different field trials.
- Home Gardens: incorporate two 30 lb. bags of PURE BIOCHAR per 10 sq. yards of soil. Work into top 4 - 6in. of soil; add seed, rake and water thoroughly.
- Lawn Maintenance: following aeration, apply at 2 bags of PURE BIOCHAR per 10 sq. yard area.
- Trees and Shrubs: equal parts of PURE BIOCHAR with potting soil and place 4 - 6in. of this mixture into planting hole. Place tree or shrub into planting hole and fill with remainder of mix
- Flower Beds: incorporate 2 bags of PURE BIOCHAR per 10 sq. yards of the planting bed.
- Potted Plants: When transplanting plants, mix equal parts of PURE BIOCHAR with your favorite potting soil and add NPK fertilizer of your choosing.
- Agricultural Application: Add 2 tons of PURE BIOCHAR per acre. Work into 4 - 8in. of existing soil.