Activated Carbon (Charcoal) Cloth was originally invented by the British Ministry of Defense for inclusion in chemical warfare suits. Today it has been developed for use in many odor control situations including industrial, medical, and domestic applications.
CarboCloth™ Activated Carbon Cloth has an extremely large surface area (1,000-2,000m2/g), being predominantly microporous. This, combined with the strong electrostatic forces developed within the cloth, enables the cloth to be highly efficient at adsorbing vapors and solvents.
* 100% Activated Carbon
* Faster adsorption kinetics
* Higher purity filtration
* Higher Vapor uptake
* More efficient in humid applications.
* Smaller filtration beds
* Structurally self supporting***
* Textile type properties
* Long shelf life can be regenerated and washed many times
***Must be laminated/quilted with other material for more than passive applications.
• Oil mist filters in compressed air
• Gas sensor protectors and filters
• Protection of artifacts from tarnish and degradation
• Water purification
• NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) Protective clothing, socks and gloves
• Wound dressings
• Catalyst media
THICKNESS - 0.4 to 0.6mm.
FAULTS - Small faults are repaired with a 2cm disc of the appropriate grade of carbon cloth bonded over the fault with thermally fusible web. (Maximum 3 faults per meter permitted unless otherwise specified).
WIDTH - 38 inches